About the Alumni Council
The Harris Alumni Council's main mission and purpose is to:
Foster mutually beneficial relationships among alumni of Chicago Harris, between alumni and current students, and between alumni and Chicago Harris. The council's activities seek to provide resources to alumni in networking, professional development, and career advancement; provide assistance to current students in career placement; facilitate communication between alumni and Chicago Harris; extend the resources of Chicago Harris by engaging alumni; and promote the common interests of alumni and Chicago Harris.
In addition, if selected, the prospective Alumni Council member would need to agree to the expectations of membership as listed below:
- Support the Mission of this Council.
- Act in a manner that reflects positively on the Harris School Alumni community.
- Communicate the accomplishments of the Harris School of Public Policy to the alumni community and in return offer feedback to the Harris administration.
- Respond and be available to fellow alumni as well as Harris administration to act as a resource and an extension of Harris services.
- Encourage members and friends of the Harris School Alumni community to use their time, talents, and treasure in support of the Harris School.
- Serve on at least one Standing Committee and one Task Force.
- Attend a minimum of 2/3 of full Council meetings and 2/3 of committee and task force meetings, either in person or by teleconference.